Last updated August 22, 2022
Thank you for visiting the website of OBM Digital Factory BV and OBM Groep (“OBM”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy statement we try to explain to you as clearly as possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have with it. We hope you take a moment to read it carefully, because it is important. If there are terms in this privacy statement that you do not agree with, please stop using our website and services.
This privacy statement applies to all information collected through our websites, including but not limited to related services, sales, marketing or events (we refer to them collectively in this privacy statement as the “Services”).
Please read this privacy statement carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
1. What information do we collect?
Information Collected Automatically
In short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate it. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analysis and reporting purposes.
Like many companies, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our apps
In short, we may collect information about your push notifications when you use our apps.
When you use our apps, we may also collect the following information
- Push notifications. We may ask you to send push notifications related to your account or the mobile application. If you would like to opt out of receiving this type of communication, you can disable it in your device settings
2. How do we use your information?
In short, we process your data for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the performance of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected through our Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal data for these purposes based on our legitimate business interests, to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
Below are some definitions that will help you understand the roles and responsibilities of OBM Digital Factory:
“data controller” means an individual who (alone or jointly or jointly with other individuals) determines the purposes and manner in which personal information is or will be used.
“data processor”, in relation to personal information, means any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
If you provide the data and the instructions, you are the data controller and OBM is the data processor.
If we determine the purposes for which we collect and use your personal data, we are the controller. We use the information we collect or receive:
- to enforce our terms and conditions and policies for business, legal and contractual purposes.
- To respond to legal requests and to prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the records we have to determine how to respond.
- To provide services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
3. Is your information shared with anyone?
In short, we only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide services to you, to protect your rights or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data where it is reasonably necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal data to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including if response to government agencies to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action for possible violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to an individual’s safety and illegal activity, or if evidence in lawsuits in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers. We may share your information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and need access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analytics, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Apps, which allows them to collect data about how you interact with the Apps over time. This information can be used, among other things, to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activities. Except as described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during the negotiation of, a merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Apps. These companies may use information about your visits to our website(s) and other websites contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to display advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business partners. We may share your information with our business partners in order to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. How long do we keep your information?
In short, we keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this privacy statement, unless otherwise required by law.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this policy requires that we keep your personal information for more than 90 days.
Where we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in backup archives), we will store it securely your personal data and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
6. How do we keep your information safe?
In short, we strive to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of all personal information we process. However, please also note that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal information, sending personal information to and from our Apps is at your own risk. You may only access the services within a secure environment.
7. Do we collect information from minors?
In short, we do not knowingly collect data from or sell to children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly solicit or sell information to children under the age of 18. By using the Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or the parent or guardian of such minor and consent to the use of the Apps by such minor dependents. If we learn that personal information has been collected from users under the age of 18, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to promptly delete such information from our records. If you become aware of data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What are your privacy rights?
In short, in some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that give you greater access to and control over your personal information. You can view, change or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (such as the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal data; and (iv) where applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. For such a request, please use the contact details below. We will consider any request and act on it in accordance with applicable data protection law.
If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
If you reside in the European Economic Area and you believe that we are processing your personal data unlawfully, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
9. Controls for do-not-track functions
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications contain a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting that you can activate to indicate your privacy preference to not have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. There is not yet a uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If an online tracking standard is adopted that we need to follow in the future, we will inform you in a revised version of this privacy statement.
10. Do we make updates to this policy?
In short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to continue to comply with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will take effect as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy statement, we may notify you by posting a prominent notice of such changes or by sending you a notice directly. We encourage you to read this privacy statement regularly to stay informed about how we protect your information.
11. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you can send an email to email@example.com or by post to:
OBM Digital Factory B.V.
2153 PA Nieuw-Vennep
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, OBM Digital Factory BV is the “data controller” of your personal information.
12. How can you view, edit or delete the information we collect from you?
Under the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to, change, or delete the personal information we collect from you in certain circumstances. If you would like to request to access, update or delete your personal information, please submit a request to us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
© OBM Digital Factory B.V. 2022